- All new ostomates are issued with a Government Entitlement Number, which is required to access free products under the Stoma Appliance Scheme.
- To order products through Ostomy Tasmania, you must be a current financial member: this means you must have paid your membership fee for the current financial year. The Ostomy Tasmania membership fee includes the National Access Fee, which is required to access the Stoma Appliance Scheme across Australia. Current membership fees are listed opposite.
- Membership fee renewals are due on or before the 1st of July each year. This is regardless of the month you originally joined. For the first year of membership, there is a pro rata membership fee depending on the month you join.
- New ostomates are usually enrolled with the association by a Stomal Therapy Nurse, who will also complete a Government Stoma Appliance Authority Form which is submitted to Medicare. Once you have joined and paid your membership fee you will be sent your Entitlement Card along with a membership information pack, and you can begin placing your monthly orders. You can access the Ostomy Tasmania Membership Application form below.
- If you are transferring from another association and you have paid your National Access Fee within that financial year, then your membership will be transferred.
- The Department of Veterans Affairs will pay membership and parcel postage fees for DVA Gold Card holders.
- Associate membership is available to medical professionals or family members and other interested persons.
Ostomy Tasmania Membership Application Form (This is a pdf file. You can either print this out or save an electronic copy to your computer and use the Sign>Add Text tool in Adobe Reader to enter text electronically. You can download Adobe Reader for free here).
Payment can be made by cash, cheque, money order, credit card or by electronic direct deposit to our bank account. Debit card transactions can only be processed in person at our office. A $2 transaction fee applies to all credit/debit card transactions. Payment can be made by post with your membership form, in person at our office, or you can call or email to advise credit card details.
Cheques and money orders must be made payable to OSTOMY TASMANIA INC. We do not retain credit card details once we have processed a payment so you will need to provide card details each time you make a payment.
If you wish to make a payment using internet banking by direct deposit to our bank account, use the following details for our account:
**Please make sure you include your name (or the name of the client you are making the transaction on behalf of) as the transaction reference so that we can identify your payment.**